Welcome to this morning’s Central Gathering! Here’s Kat and Phil, saying hi from their lounge to yours.
Our two waiata this week come from a group called “House of Misfits.” Elliot’s sister Emily and her husband Charles are members of the group. They’ve made us a special video inviting us into the story of the first song. We encourage you to take time to listen to their kōrero, and then to the stories told in this waiata. How will we receive their invitation to be a place where Pacifica and Māori can be themselves and have space to breathe?
Call to Worship
At this point, you may like to pause and light a candle, reminding you of how Jesus enables us to have fullness of life right from the first thing we do in our morning.
Then we invite you to join in the following “Liturgy for the Ritual of Morning Coffee” from Every Moment Holy.
Central Hubs: Today we have different hubs for us to catch up in person at 10.30am. Here are your options:
- Frank Kitts Park: Sue (027 472 8226) will be hosting this hub. It’s especially focused on children, but all are welcome. You can use the church car park and walk down.
- Hot chips at the waterfront: Briain and Elliot (022 618 8088) are hosting this hub for the youth group. Meeting at the lighthouse slide in Frank Kitts Park and then off to get hot chips.
- Karori Park: Courtney and Jenny (027 551 5833) will be hosting this hub. Meeting at Karori Park Cafe.
- Pataka Art Museum: Liz Gately-Tayor (021 062 1593) will be hosting this hub meeting at Kaizen Cafe. Starting with a coffee and then walk together around the Museum.
- Zoom: Sarah will be hosting this hub. The link is listed at the bottom of this page.
Introducing our new Office Administrator: We are delighted to announce that Andrew Baldwin is joining our team at church from Monday 20th September! Andrew, Roanna, and their three children are known to Central already as one of our “Candle People” families, having served for several years with NZBMS in Southeast Asia. They completed their work there and returned to Aotearoa a couple of months ago. Andrew will work for Central for 20 hours a week, taking over the role Roselyn has so capably performed these last 14 years (she’s finishing on Friday 24th September). Here is Andrew’s mihi to Central.
Jesus & Toast Book groups: To accompany the current preaching series we have two groups operating in different parts of the city and on different evenings, so that you can all join in:
- Sarah and Elliot out on Tuesday nights,
- Alice and Julian on Wednesday nights
All groups are running 7:30 – 9:00pm.
You are welcome to join for some or all of the series—it’s up to you. If you are keen to take part in a group, please click here to register your interest.
Prayer for the world
The Lord’s Prayer
E tō mātou Matua i te rangi
Kia tapu tōu Ingoa.
Kia tae mai tōu rangatiratanga.
Kia meatia tāu e pai ai
ki runga ki te whenua,
kia rite anō ki tō te rangi.
Hōmai ki a mātou āianei
he taro mā mātou mō tēnei rā.
Murua ō mātou hara,
Me mātou hoki e muru nei
i ō te hunga e hara ana ki a mātou.
Āua hoki mātou e kawea kia whakawaia;
Engari whakaorangia mātou i te kino:
Nōu hoki te rangatiratanga, te kaha,
me te korōria,
Āke āke āke. Āmine.
Please continue to give generously to support ministry within the Central family and to the wider community.
- Internet banking & AP – The Church’s bank account is 03-0502-0169965-00
- Credit card payment through Pushpay – click here
This Week’s Message: “Making the Bed,” by Sarah
Ko ia tōku tūmanako // He is my hope
Tōku rongo, tōku ruruhau // My peace, my refuge
Tōku kaha, tōku mea katoa // My strength, my everything
Ko Ihu tōku Taunga // Christ is my Resting Place
Sunday Zoom Catch-Up, 10:30am
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 994 6850 7812
Dial by your location
+64 4 886 0026 New Zealand
+64 9 884 6780 New Zealand
+64 3 659 0603 New Zealand
Meeting ID: 994 6850 7812
This week we encourage you to say the Central Blessing in te reo Māori! Our friends at Cityside Baptist in Auckland have posted this translation and recording on their website: Benediction — Cityside Baptist
He pononga koutou nā te Atua
Mea hoatu ngā moemoeā︎
me ngā wawata kia koutou
I runga i a koe nga atawhai a te Atua
pērā hoki i te mura o te kapura.︎
Arohatia, manaakitia te Ariki
I roto i te kaha o te Wairua Tapu
Kia tau te rangimārie ki runga i a koutou,
I roto hoki i ngā ringaringa o te Atua,
ā, mā te Wairua Tapu e whakakaha
koutou i ngā wā katoa.